Guppyfriend is a smart initiative that helps reduce the amount of microplastics that end up in our environment.
The Guppyfriend Laundry Bag prevents microplastic fibres from entering rivers and oceans through the washing of synthetic textiles. The broken fibres collect in the corners of the washing bag after washing and can be easily removed and disposed of.
Step by step:
1. Put synthetic textiles into the Guppyfriend washing bag.
2. Close the Guppyfriend washing bag and put it in the washing machine.
3. Add other, non-synthetic, textiles and wash as usual.
4. Take the textiles from the Guppyfriend washing bag while they’re still wet.
5. Remove the collected fibres from the inside of the filter fabric by hand and dispose of them in the residual waste.